Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Home-made Protein Breakfast Bars (recipe & pic)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Healthy Meals Every Day!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mycoffee
lurker

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Home-made Protein Breakfast Bars (recipe & pic) Reply with quote

I got the recipe from a friend. Source is unknown. I've modified it to suit my taste.

Home-made Protein Breakfast Bars

1/2 c soy milk powder or protein powder
1c wholemeal flour (or plain flour)
1c organic rolled oats
1/4c oat bran (optional)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4+1/8 tsp salt
1/4 to 1/3 cup molasses sugar (or brown sugar)
1/2c mixed nuts & seeds, toasted (i used pumpkin & sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and almonds)
1/4c dried fruits (e.g., apricots, raisins & etc) or choc chips
3/4 cups plain yogurt (or replace with soft or firm silken tofu with a pinch of salt)
2T canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat the oven to 175c. Lightly spray a 8x8 baking pan with a fat-free non-stick spray (such as PAM).
2. Mix together the soy powder, flour, oats, oat bran, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Mix in the sugar, mixing with your fingers till even. Stir in the dried fruits, seeds and nuts.
3. Stir and combine the yogurt, oil, and vanilla in another bowl. Add the wet mixture to the dry, and mix till thoroughly blended. Dough will be rather thick.
4. Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan, spreading it out evenly with a rubber spatula.
5. Bake in the center of the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cut into bars in any sizes you prefer.
6. Place the bars on a silicon sheet or non-stick baking tray and bake for another 15 minutes, or until golden around the edges. (Note: The recipe stated that for extra-crunchy bars, turn off the oven and leave them in there for up to 45 minutes longer.) Remove the bars from the oven, and place them on a rack to cool.
7. Store the bars in an air-tight container or seal and freeze them. To defrost, you can toast them again in an oven or toaster to make it crispy again.
________
[URL=http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Model_A_(1927)]Ford Model A (1927) specifications[/URL]

Last edited by mycoffee on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
alyssa
lurker

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for sharing, mycoffee.
jasminewong
lurker

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks so so healthy...

but so so many ingredients.. Razz

will attempt it one day.. when i manage to get all the ingredients ...

thankie ...
________
of Britain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Healthy Meals Every Day! All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: