Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:53 am Post subject: Wholewheat Chocolate Cookies
|Made this 2 weeks ago, using the Blue Jacket's Whole Wheat Flour. Surprisingly, the cookies was almost melt-in-the-mouth. I have never work with Whole wheat flour and always assumed its hard to the bite.
This was a total surprise.
Makes 36 cookies
120g Sunflower Cooking Oil
30g Cocoa Powder(I used DeZaan Cocoa Powder)
220g Blue Jacket WholeWheat Flour(its fine grained)
1 tbsp of Vanilla Bean Paste(I used Nielsen-Massey's)
150g light brown sugar
80g Almond Ground(lightly roasted till golden brown)
Glazed red cherries, cut into halves for decoration
1. In a bowl, add oil, sugar, cocoa powder, flour and stir to mix.
2. Lastly add almond ground to stir in.
3. Scoop into small shapes and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
4. Place a piece of glazed cherry on top and press it down so the cherry stays in place.
5. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 25 minutes.
6. Remove to cool on wire tray before storing.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1