Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:46 am Post subject: Pandan Chiffon with Coconut Nibs
4 egg yolks
60g coconut milk
8 pcs Pandan leaves
40g Sunflower Oil(or any vegetable oil that is flavourless)
80g Cake Flour(I use Blue Jacket's Premium Cake Flour)
80g fine sugar
50g freshly grated coconut
20g fine sugar
Method to Fry Coconut
Dry frying grated coconut does not need oil. Make sure the wok is smoking hot before you add the grated coconut in.
1. Heat up wok till smoking hot. Add grated coconut and use a spatula to stir fry constantly.
2. Once it turns slightly brown, about 5 mins of constant frying/stirring, sprinkle sugar all over it..
3. Continue with the frying.
Sugar is added at the last stage to lessen the bitterness of 'charred' or burnt coconut nibs.
Cool completely before using with cake batter or it will cook the batter!
1. Blend pandan leaves with coconut milk, drain and discard leaves.
2. Mix with oil, yolks and stir to combine
3. Add cake flour , toasted coconut nibs and fold in till well combined.
4. Set aside. Whip egg whites with sugar in a mixer till soft peaks.
5. Pour in the other batter and continue to whip till it well combined.
6. Pour the batter into tube pan . Tap the pan on the table to release any airbubbles trapped in the cake batter.
7. Bake in preheated oven set to 160C for 1 hour.
8. Remove to cool and invert the tube.
9. Remove the cake from the pan and serve
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1