Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:26 am Post subject: Pandan Coconut Chiffon Cake (rec n pic)
|Removed from pan
While baking, it rises very well. After baking, it will sink. This is NORMAL. As I didn't use any baking chemical to rise it.
Just out of the oven
4 egg yolks
80g coconut milk
6 pcs Pandan leaves
40g Sunflower Oil(or any vegetable oil that is flavourless)
100g Cake Flour(I use Blue Jacket's Premium Cake Flour)
Egg white from 6 eggs
100g fine sugar
1. Blend pandan leaves with coconut milk, drain and discard leaves.
2. Mix with oil, yolks and stir to combine
3. Add cake flour and fold in till well combined.
4. Set aside. Whip egg whites with sugar in a mixer till soft peaks.
5. Pour in the other batter and continue to whip till it well combined.
6. Pour the batter into a tube pan, tap on the table to release trapped airbubbles.
7. Bake in preheated oven set to 170C for 1 hour.
8. Remove to cool before removing the cake from the pan.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1