Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:54 am Post subject: Seafood Soup(rec n pic)
Learn about cooking good superior stock from various chef. over time, I used some of the methods my mom taught me and some I heard from my late father in law. Came out this way of cooking the soup.
Ingredients for soup
1kg fish bones(get any large fish bones from market)
1 fish head(song fish head)
1 inch old ginger
1 bunch coriander leaves and stalk
200g fried ikan billis(blend into powder)
2 litres water
salt to taste
Method to cook soup
1. heat up pot with water and add ginger to boil.
2. Add fish bones and fish head to cook. Turn the heat up till it boils.
3. Lower the heat and simmer, semi covered for 2 hours. If the water dries up, just add water to the pot.
4. Strain and sieve bones using sieve. Discard bones, heads.
5. Pour the stock over a coffee strainer bag to catch any small bones/scales from the stock.
6. Put it back to boil, add ikan bills powder, coriander leaves/stalks to cook.
7. Taste to ensure its salty, if not, add salt
Ingredients for Seafood
10 large Black Tiger Prawns
1 large squid(remove skin, ink sac, cut into rings)
10 to 20 pcs of fish ball(from market)
200g thread fin fish fillet, sliced thinly
green lettuce leaves, wash, drained
1 pack of silken tofu, cut into large cubes
Method to cook and serve
1. Keep the soup boiling and add fish balls and tofu cubes to cook.
2. Add prawns, squids to cook in the soup for 2 to 3 mins on high heat. Once its cooked, remove and set aside.
3. Place in a bowl, some lettuce leaves. Place a few slices of raw fish, prawns, squids and fish balls on top. Scoop hot soup and pour over the raw fish.
4. Serve hot with rice, sliced chilli on the side.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1