Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:27 pm Post subject: Earl Grey Tea Chiffon Cake(rec n pic)
|This was baked for my cousin's tea party today. Only whole cake photo..no sliced up to see the inside. Goes great with a cup of weak tea..!
150g Cake flour
1 bag of Earl Grey Tea leaves
1 tsp Earl Grey Tea Powder(Jupe brand, from KC Store at Kallang Bahru)
120ml fresh milk
5 egg yolks
7 egg whites
120g fine sugar
1. Beat egg yolks until creamy and fluffy.
2. Fold in flour, tea leaves and tea powder with egg yolk batter and alternate it with milk.
3. Whip egg whites with sugar until soft peak.
4. Mix the 2 batters together until its well combined.
5. Pour into cake pan.
6. Bake at preheated oven 180 deg C for 30 mins. Remove to cool before removing from pan.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1