Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:18 pm Post subject: Gula Melaka Kaya(rec n pic)
|I did this just for fun..just to see if the gula melaka taste and flavour is evident in the kaya..
no individual pic, coz I made pandan kaya too..side by side.
then I spread the kaya on bread dough, rolled up, stuff into a loaf pan. And baked..deliciously good..so fragrant!!!
300ml coconut cream
30g light brown sugar
100g gula melaka chunks
2 pcs of pandan leaves
1. Whip eggs and pour into coconut cream, strained. Set aside.
2. Chop gula melaka chunks into smaller pieces.
3. Heat up a sauce pot with 50ml of water and add gula melaka and borwn sugar to boil till it melts. Strained.
4. Mix sugar syrup with coconut/egg batter and stir till evenly mixed.
5. Heat up a wok, no oil..!
6. Add kaya mix and pandan leaves and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
7. Kaya will slowly dry up and look lumpy/grainy.
8. Discard pandan leaves, puree the kaya till smooth.
9. Store in glass containers and into the fridge. Best eaten within 2 weeks.
As this has no preservatives, it doesn't store well over a month. Make enough to last 2 weeks.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1