Joined: 03 Mar 2009
|Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:53 pm Post subject: Bean Sprouts with Belacan and Dried Shrimp
|This is really yummy! Hope you guys like it:
1 tbsp Belacan
Handful of dried shrimp (hae bi)
Bunch of spring onions
2 tbsp Fish Sauce
1.5 tbsp of oil
3 cloves garlic
1) Finely chop the garlic. Cut spring onions into 2 inch long pieces.
2) Toast the belacan until it becomes powdery and aromatic (you can do this without oil in a wok or in an oven- watch out that it doesn't burn). Take toasted belacan out and break it up (with a spoon) into a powder form.
1) Heat up the wok with oil.
2) Add in garlic and dried shrimp and stir fry until aromatic, around 2 mins
3) Add in beanspouts and stir fry until bean spouts are slightly cooked, around 5 mins
4) Add in toasted belacan. Quickly add in the fish sauce. Stir fry for 2 min.
5) When beanspouts are almost cooked add in spring onions and give a few quick stirs.
6) Dish out before beanspouts turn limpy.