Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Vietnamese dipping sauce recipe??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Sauce/Jam/Paste/Dips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ming
lurker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Vietnamese dipping sauce recipe?? Reply with quote

Years ago, I visited some friends who were Vietnamese, and they had made this dipping sauce we ate with bread and other items, that was light brown in colour but clear with some red chili peppers? I remember them telling me that the sauce had fish sauce and maybe some sort of mild vinegar with sugar and chilis? I have no idea what I ate but I remember it was mighty tasty! Does anyone have any clue what it might have been and how to make it?? Much appreciated for any ideas!! Very Happy
mitmondol
lurker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ming,
I don't know how authentic this is, but this is what I have for Vietnamese dipping sauce:

1/2 warm water
2 Tsp sugar
1/2 c fish sauce
1/4 c fresh lemon juice
2 Ysp rice vinegar
1 small hot red chile
2 cloves garlic, minced
Mix the water and sugar and stir until sugar is melted.
Add the other ingredients and mix.
Now, this recipe used a piece of carrot (about 2" long) cut into matchstick size too and mixed in at the and.

I don't know if this helps. Smile
bear
lurker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: vietnamese dipping sce Reply with quote

This recipie sounds just about right, Nouc Cham!!!!.ok I cheated and googled it, I thought you were talking about kimchi but that wasnt it. :lol:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Sauce/Jam/Paste/Dips All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: