Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:35 am Post subject: Mock Sweet n Sour Pork(recipe n pic)
see this link to make your own vegetarian gluten
100g vegetarian gluten
1 green bell pepper(cut into smaller pieces)
1 red tomato(cut into quarters)
70ml water mixed with 1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
1 tsp chinese rice vinegar
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1. Cut gluten into smaller pieces and deep fry till golden brown.
2. Remove and set aside.
3. Heat up wok and add 1 tbsp of cooking oil to heat
4. Add cut tomatoes, bell pepper to stir fry quickly for 1 min over high heat.
5. Add sauce ingredients to it to cook.
6. Finally add starch mixture to thicken the sauce.
7. Lastly add fried gluten to toss with the sauce.
8. Serve hot and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
If you want this sauce to be a bit spicy, just add 1 to 2 tbsp of Chilli sauce. You may need to add 1/2 tsp of sugar to sweeten it.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1