Kitchen Capers Forum Index Kitchen Capers
People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron. Proverbs 27:17

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Back to Kitchen Capers Home
Pumpkin Paste Tong Shui (recipe and pic)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Hot & Cold Sweet Desserts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mycoffee
lurker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Pumpkin Paste Tong Shui (recipe and pic) Reply with quote

I have been wanting to make this for a LONG time but couldn't find the right recipe. I love this tong shui but not so easy to find nowadays.

This is my own version from trial and error.

Ingredients:
- 500g pumpkin
- apx. 4 cups of water
- 2-4 pcs of pandan leaves (adjust to your own preference)
- 80-100g* rock sugar (adjust to your own preference)
- some sliced ginger or ginger powder
To thicken: Combine 2T potato starch + 4T water

Method:
- Remove skin from pumpkin. Slice into cubes. Steam it until soft (I used microwavable steamer dish and within 5 mins on HIGH, it is ready). Put into blender to make into puree.
- Boil water with rock sugar and pandan leaves, till sugar dissolves. If you are using fresh ginger, add into it as well.
- Slowly add pumpkin puree into the water. Stir gently over low fire. If using ginger powder, add in here (amount according to your taste). Stir to dissolve.
- Let it simmer for a while before slowly adding in the thickening. Again, sitr gently and let it simmer for a while.
- Serve hot.
________
Exiga
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kitchen Capers Forum Index -> Hot & Cold Sweet Desserts All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: