Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:24 pm Post subject: Banana Cake with Almond Flakes Struesel
125g Butter, salted(I use Elle et Vire Butter)
100g fine sugar
2 eggs*(about 60g each)
150g All Purpose Flour(*I use Blue Jacket All Purpose Flour)
Mixed these together
2 bananas, mashed it with a fork(I chose the unripe ones)
1/4 tsp Ground Mace(I prefer Mace over Nutmeg)
Topping : Mixed together
20g Almond Flakes
1 tbsp Light brown sugar
1. Whip softened butter with sugar till light and creamy.
2. Add eggs in and continue to whip till well mixed.
3. Finally add flour and whip till well combined.
4. Turn off the mixer and add mashed bananas/mace mix. Lightly mix it up with a spatula.
5. Pour batter into a loaf pan.
6. Spread it out to flatten the batter and sprinkle topping over the top.
7. Bake in preheated oven set at 180C for 15 minutes, lower the temperature to 160C and baked for another 30 minutes.
8. Remove to cool completely before cutting to serve
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1