Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:43 pm Post subject: Kailan and Mushrooms
|Lazy days easy dish. That's what I call it..!
10 pcs fresh shitake mushrooms(sliced)
1 small onion(sliced)
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp sugar
70g chicken stock(if not, water will do)
For cooking the vegetables:
1 tbsp sugar
300g fresh Kailan vegetable, washed, cut into smaller parts
1. Heat up a pot of water, add 1 tbsp of sugar and 1 tbsp of onion oil to it.
2. Once it starts boiling, add Kailan in to quickly cook for 1 minute
3. Remove and drain, plunge cooked kailan into a bowl of iced water.
*this stop the cooking process of the kailan. Even when its out of the hot water, the veggy continues to cook.
4. Leaving the veggy to soak in iced water for 1 minute or less, removed, drained of excess water using a colander.
5. Lined the kailan on a large dish.
6. Heat up the frying pan with the sesame oil and add sliced onions to fry. Once its fragrant, add the sliced mushrooms to fry a while. Add the remaining ingredients (oyster sauce, water, sugar) to cook.
7. Cook till the mushrooms go soft, turn off the heat and pour mushrooms and sauce over the kailan dish.
Serve hot with toasted onions on top..!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1