Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:04 am Post subject: No Crust Mushroom Quiche
|Well, I am lazy to make the crust. Just want to do a quick one to fill my tummy.
Served it with my rosemary herbs wholemeal baguette..
Makes 8 servings
500ml Dairy Whipping Cream(I use President's)
6 eggs (whipped lightly)
1 large onion(chopped)
300g mushrooms (diced) *
I have used button mushrooms, shitake mushrooms
150 g cheddar cheese , shredded
8pcs big round fat fresh shitake mushrooms
30g salted butter(I use President's)
Dash of freshly ground black peppercorns
1. Heat up frying pan with butter till it melts, add onions to saute
2. Add mushrooms to fry till soft, sprinkle freshly ground black peppercorns over the top.
3. Dish out to cool.
4. Whisk eggs into whipping cream. Prepare the disposal dishes. You can use ramekins for this too, if you like.
5. Scoop 1.5 tablespoons of cooked mushrooms onto every mini dish.
6. Pour the egg+cream mix into each dish till half full.
7. Place each shitake mushroom into the centre, stalk down first.
8. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
9. Baked in preheated oven set at 220 C for 25 minutes.
10. SERVE HOT!
*leftovers can be kept in the fridge , sealed in a container.
To reheat, just baked in preheated oven set at 220C for 5 minutes.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1