Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:15 pm Post subject: Curry Vegetables
my niece is allergic to nuts. The original curry paste recipe requires Candlenuts. I didn't replace it with any other ingredient
Yields for 6 persons
1 big cabbage - wash, cut into 2 per leaf
1 bunch of long beans - cut into smaller pieces
3 pcs brinjal(egg plants), sliced into long thick strips
1 litre coconut milk(I use Heng Guan packets)
1.5 litre Evaporated milk
spices paste - to be blended into a smooth paste
100g dried chilli - soften in water
50g fresh red chilli
50g dried shrimps
5 pcs candlenuts (I omitted this as my niece is allergic to nuts)
1 stalk of lemon grass
1 inch of galangal(sometimes known as Blue Ginger)
1 cm of fresh tumeric root
10 pcs shallots(small red onions)
5 cloves of garlic
Method for the paste
1. Heat up the wok with 200ml of cooking oil.
2. Add blended paste(use only half, keep the other half for another time) to fry over medium heat for 15 mins
3. Stir occasionally and when paste has turn into a darker shade and is fragrant. Turn off the heat. Remove and set aside.
Method for the curry
1. Add rempah paste and water to heat in a large pot.
2. Lower heat and add coconut milk, evaporated milk and salt to stir.
3. Add all the vegetables in to cook
4. Simmer over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
Serve warm with rice.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1