Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:29 am Post subject: Baked Mini Tom Yam Cups(rec n pic)
|This was created in the year I was with Robinsons Singapore, teaching at their Baking Studio. It was basically to promote the use of the mini cupcake tray.
These are little bite sizes mini cups. Great for party food
1 packet of instant noodles
12 pcs small grey prawns*(peel, devein)
1 tbsp tom yam paste(home made or store bought)
2 pcs of kaffir lime leaves, cut into shreds
2 tbsp fried onion oil
1 tsp sugar
1. Cook instant noodles in boiling water till soft. Rinse in cold tap water, drained.
2. In a frying pan, add onion oil, tom yam paste to stir fry.
3. Add prawns, sugar, and shredded leaves and gently toss till the prawns are cooked. Pick up the prawns and set aside.
4. Turn off the heat, add noodles in to toss till evenly mixed.
5. Spray mini cupcake pan with oil, using a pair of kitchen tongs, pick up noodles and put inside each mini cup.
6. Baked in preheated oven set at 200C for 5 to 7 mins.
7. Remove from oven, using a long skewer stick(satay stick), fish out the noodles and serve on a plate. Top it with a cooked prawn.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1