Joined: 20 Jul 2004
|Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:14 am Post subject: Chocolate Banana Roll(rec n pic)
80g All Purpose flour
20g Cocoa powder( I used Belcolade which is from Belgium)
4 egg yolks
100ml full cream milk
20ml Sunflower oil
4 egg whites
80g fine sugar
150ml dairy whipping cream(must be cold from the fridge)
1 tsp instant coffee mixed with 1 tsp of hot water
1.5 tbsp icing sugar
2 bananas * peel only when ready to fill the roll.
1. Whip whipping cream with icing sugar and coffee mix till it peaks.
2. Store in a sealed container in the fridge till ready to use.
1. Whip up egg whites till foamy then add sugar to continue to whip till it peaks.
2. In another bowl, lightly whip egg yolks till its evenly mixed. Add milk, sunflower oil to mix then add flour, cocoa powder. The mixture should look runny.
3. When the meringue is done(egg whites peaked), fold in with the chocolate batter till evenly mixed.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
5. Pour batter into the tray and baked in preheated oven 180C for 10 mins.
6. Remove to cool for about 5 mins. Roll up the sponge cake to releasee it from the paper.
7. Roll it back to flatten it.
8. Spread a generous layer of whipped cream and add a whole banana(peeled) on the cream. Make sure that the banana is closest to you.
9. Roll up, tighten to seal the cake.
10. Leave it in the fridge to chill. Serve cold.
Peel the banana only when you are ready to use on the cream. Do not peel ahead of time and leave it around or it will oxidise quickly.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I have EVERYTHING I need. Psalms 23:1